Thursday, March 6, 2014

Florida vacation

I will be traveling to Fort Myers Beach, Florida later today for a vacation.  Me and my parents go every year in March, we stay in a condominium right on the Gulf of Mexico.

We visit my grandparents who are down there for a few months as they like to get away for the winter.  In previous years we stayed on Captiva Island.  To get to Captiva you need to take a bridge from Fort Myers to is the island.  We have gone to visit Captiva the last couple of years for a day trip, simply to enjoy how beautiful the island is.  It brings back memories for me because when I was younger we always stayed on Captiva Island, we only recently began staying in Fort Myers Beach.

My favorite parts of being right on the water is that there is decent shelling.  I like looking for shells, especially sand dollars.  I found a sand dollar last March that was intact, I was pretty excited.  It can be extremely difficult to find sand dollars intact.  This year I will be on a quest to find some new shells as well.  Sometimes you really have to look in the sand for these treasures, feeling the ground to come across a shell.

I'm looking forward to the sunny weather and I'm excited to go look for shells. I will update this entry once I'm in Fort Myers about the weather and if I found some good shells. I will try to post pictures too.


No comments:

Post a Comment